Many people write to us and ask many the same questions. Before writing to us, take a moment to read over these FAQs and see if they answer any of your questions. Then write to us anyway, we are always interested in hearing from fellow seekers.
- 1. Do you have a correspondence course?15.03.16More
No, we do offer, from time to time, workshops and conferences that are open to the public, but no distance learning.
- 2. Can you initiate me?15.03.16More
Initiation in the Assembly is only given through the covens to their members. Membership does not automatically lead to initiation, it is a lengthy process.
- 3. How do I join?15.03.16More
Membership is granted by the individual covens and involves a getting to know you period of at least 6 months. Contact the covens for their particular guidelines. If you are geographically distant from a coven, it is unlikely that you will be able to participate in a way that leads to membership.
- 4. Where do you have covens?15.03.16More
For the complete, up to date, list of ASW covens please visit the Sacred Wheel website.
We are growing rapidly. As of this writing, however, we are fourteen covens spread between New York City and Washington, DC, with concentrations around our coven-stead in Georgetown, DE and around Philadelphia, PA.
- 5. Can a coven join the Assembly?15.03.16More
No, we do not have a procedure for a group to join us.
- 6. Can you put me in touch with other covens or traditions?
- 7. Can you tell me how to cast spells.. do rituals... etc...?15.03.16More
No, seek out teachers, workshops, organized groups, and books. You may do yourself a great disservice by jumping into something without enough information and guidance.
- 8. I'm under 18, can I join or come to your events?15.03.16More
To join an ASW coven you must be at least 18. Parental permission, and ideally their presence, is required for participation in many of the workshops or events. If you do have parental permission, then any time you spend attending workshops and rituals will count against the 6 months (see above).
- 9. Can my children participate in the coven and/or its events?
- 10. Can I come to your open events if I am a beginner or a member of another faith?15.03.16More
Yes, our open events truly are open to all that bring good will and an open mind.
- 11. Can I be a member of the Assembly and be involved in other faiths or traditions?15.03.16More
Yes, many of our members are involved with or are initiates of other paths. We do require that those that are granted the status of clergy (3rd Degree Initiates and beyond) focus on the Assembly's path. This is not about right or wrong or exclusion, it is about commitment and the reality that there are only so many hours in a day.